ACS Empowerment Solutions exists to empower our clients and their workforce to achieve maximum productivity and profitability. We believe empowerment is a crucial aspect of all businesses today, from a strategic level investing in human capital all the way down to employee satisfaction.
Specialising in Employment Equity (EE), Employment Tax Incentives (ETI), Workplace Skills Plans (WSP), Annual Training Reports (ATR), and Black Economic Empowerment (BEE), we can use existing legislation to your advantage.
Having a wealth of experience in a wide variety of industries, we will develop an approach that is attractive and applicable to your specific business circumstances. Through personalized empowerment equity plans, we can achieve the elimination of unfair discrimination, a diverse and empowered workforce, and economic development and efficiency for your organisation.
Does your business:
- Find it difficult to comply with all the requirements of legislated acts?
- Adopt a reactive approach to legislative acts, rather than a proactive approach?
- Want to structure its legislative strategies in a way that unlocks tangible benefits?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the ACS Empowerment Solutions team would like to assist in resolving your empowerment legislation challenges. Let us help your business adopt a proactive approach to unlocking opportunity through sector-specific implementation of empowerment compliance, and deliver a real return on investment.
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY COMPLIANCE
All employers are required to comply with various provisions of the Employment Equity Act. Our role as employment equity specialists is to ensure that your company is fully compliant with these specified requirements.
Our EE compliance services include:
- Annual reporting to the Department of Labour in the form of EEA2 and EEA4 report submission
- EEA12 complete analysis of workforce profile and identification of barriers and affirmative action measure
- EEA13 complete plan with:
Objectives to be achieved for each year of the plan
- Affirmative action measures to be taken.
- Numerical goal to achieve equal representation of under-represented groups.
- Time-table for each year of the plan.
- Procedures used to monitor and evaluate the plan.
- Internal procedures to resolve any dispute about implementation of plan.
- Persons responsible for monitoring plan.
- Quarterly committee meetings with complete record keeping.
- Feedback and assistance with Department of Labour inspections.
A learnership is a work based learning programme that leads to an NQF registered qualification.
Learnership programmes can help you to gain the necessary skills and workplace experience that will open up better employment or self-employment opportunities.
Learnerships promote access to education and training, as they allow you to work and get started on your career while also studying for an educational qualification.
Learnerships require you to complete a 30% theoretical course as well as 70% practical training, which is done at a workplace, in order to graduate.
The workplace component of the qualification involves hands-on, practical learning under the guidance of a mentor, while the theoretical component is provided by an education and training provider.Together they form an integrated and comprehensive learning programme.
BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT SERVICES
With over a decade of experience in Black Economic Empowerment, our staff are well-equipped to help you achieve a BEE-compliant status. This includes achieving compliance with the requirements of the newly amended BEE codes, as well as developing initiatives that the codes require. Our BEE services include:
- BEE Consulting and scenario planning.
- Analysis of current standing with an accurate scorecard application to your sector.
- Monthly tracking of goals and targets as set out in your BEE plan.
- Supplier BEE status tracking and record keeping
Independent external audit by a SANAS accredited auditor
ACS Empowerment Solutions also offer a comprehensive list of HR consulting services to ensure that our clients’ human capital is optimally utilised and empowered to deliver on the business objectives. Our wide range of HR consulting services include:
- HR Assessments
- Performance Appraisal Setup
- Job Descriptions & Job Grading Setup
- Manager/Owner Training
- Employee Contracts
- Change Management
HEALTH & SAFETY COMPLIANCE & TRAINING
Make sure your workplace is safe for staff and customers by utilising our services concerning the Occupational Health & Safety Act. Our skilled team will assist you in identifying and addressing potential problem areas. We also provide quality health and safety training services to improve the capabilities of personnel.
Outsourcing your business’s payroll will alleviate administration worries and free up time and resources to focus on core business functions. Our payroll experts have a wealth of experience in managing payroll obligations, including contributions to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) and Workmen’s Compensation.
SKILLS PLANNING & REPORTING
Every business needs a particular set of skills to survive and thrive in today’s market. Our workplace skills planning and reporting services are designed to ensure an effective skills development system for your organisation. Our two focus areas include Workplace Skills Plans (WSP) and Annual Training Reports (ATR). Workplace Skills Plans (WSP) outline and define the initiatives that will be undertaken in a given year to address an organisation’s training and development requirements, while Annual Training Reports (ATR) reflect the training and development initiatives that were implemented within the given year. Both documents need to be completed annually and submitted to the relevant SETA.
Our WSP and ATR services include:
- Full (SDF) functions to your businesses.
- Submitting a Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) to relevant SETA that links to your BEE and EE goals
- Advising the employer on the implementation of the WSP
- Researching and determining training budget and funding opportunities
- Implementing planned activities through accredited training providers
- Assisting the employer with the drafting of an Annual Training Report/Implementation Report against the approved WSP
- Submitting an Annual Training Report (ATR), reporting progress and claiming applicable training grants
- Quarterly training committee meetings and recordkeeping.
- Formulating a training practice to comply with Discretionary Grant requirements
- Serving as a contact person between the employer and SETA